Your family’s photos are probably some of your most cherished possessions. But after taking the same pictures year after year, it can be tough to keep them from becoming stale. Here are some ways to get creative with your family’s photos and keep them fresh and interesting.
Take Family Photos in Different Locations
One creative way to take photos is to seek out interesting locations. This could mean venturing outside of your comfort zone and exploring new places, or simply looking for interesting places in your own backyard. Parks, gardens, and other outdoor locations can make for great photo opportunities. But don’t limit yourself to these obvious choices – get creative and experiment with different locations. With a little imagination, you can find all sorts of interesting places to take photos. And who knows – you might just discover a hidden gem in the process.
One way to get creative with your family’s photos is to scrapbook them. You can use a variety of materials, such as paper, stickers, and washi tape, to create a book that tells the story of your family. You can also make photo collages ornaments, magnets, or even a photo Christmas tree.
Scrapbooking is a fun and creative way to preserve your memories. It’s a great way to organizing photos and mementos from special occasions, such as vacations, weddings, and birthdays. Scrapbooking is also a great way to document your child’s milestones, such as their first steps or their first day of school. Scrapbooking is a relatively simple hobby that anyone can do. All you need is a album, some scrapbook paper, and some basic crafting supplies. Scrapbooking can be as simple or as elaborate as you like. You can add embellishments, such as stickers, ribbon, and buttons, or keep it simple with just photos and journaling. Scrapbooking is a great way to preserve your memories for years to come.
Pose in Creative Ways
Another way to add interest to your family’s photos is to get creative with your poses. Rather than standing in a straight line or sitting in a boring pose, try something different. Have everyone stand on their head or jump in the air. Get down on the ground or climb a tree.
There are plenty of ways to shake things up and capture some truly unique and memorable holiday photos. One fun idea is to have everyone in the family strike a creative pose. Everyone can get in on the fun, and it’s sure to result in some laughs (and some great photos). If you’re not sure where to start, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Have everyone make silly faces.
- Get everyone in the mood for a pillow fight by having everyone hold a pillow and getting ready to swing.
- Pose as if you’re about to dive into a pool.
- Pretend to build a human pyramid.
- Get everyone to jump in the air at the same time.
With a little imagination, the possibilities are endless! So get creative and have some fun with your family holiday photos this year.
Have Fun With Props
One way to add interest to your family’s photos is to use props. Props can help you tell a story or simply add a touch of personality. They can also be used to add interest to an otherwise mundane photo. So don’t be afraid to experiment with props – they can really help add some pizzazz to your photos.
Not sure what kind of props to use? Here are a few ideas:
- Blankets or throws can add color and texture to your photos.
- Pillows can be used for sitting, leaning, or even using as a makeshift stool.
- Plants or flowers can add a touch of nature to your photos.
- Lanterns or candles can create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Books can be used as props for reading,stack them up for height difference, or use them as backdrops.
- Don’t forget the animals! Interacting with a family pet can bring out surprising results
So get creative and have fun with props! Your family photos will be all the better for it.
Experiment With Perspective
Family photos are a time-honored tradition, but that doesn’t mean they have to be boring. If you’re looking to experiment with perspective, there are a few things you can do to change up your shots. First, try getting lower to the ground. This will give your photos a new viewpoint and make them more interesting. You can also try moving closer to or further away from your subject. This can create different effects, such as making your subjects look larger or smaller than they really are. Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with angles. Shooting from different angles can lead to some really creative and unique photos. So go ahead and experiment — you might be surprised at the results!
Here are a few more ideas to get you started:
- Get up close and personal. Get in close to your subject and fill the frame. This is a great way to capture details and textures.
- Go for the wide shot. Step back and take in the whole scene. This is ideal for landscapes or large groups of people.
- Try a bird’s eye view. Get above your subject and shoot down for an interesting perspective.
- Play with perspective. Try shooting from different angles and distances to see how it affects the photo.
- Get low. Crouch down or Lie on the ground for an unusual point of view.
- Move around. Walk around your subject and shoot from all sides.
Whatever you do, have fun with it and experiment! There are no rules when it comes to photo perspective, so let your creativity run wild.
Get Creative With Your Photo Editing
Once you’ve taken some great photos, it’s time to edit them. A good photo editor can help you crop, rotate, and resize your photos. You can also use filters to change the look and feel of your photos. And if you’re really feeling creative, you can even add text or drawings to your photos. With these apps, you can experiment with different filters and effects, or even add text or graphics. This is a great way to really make your photos stand out. And the best part is, you can usually do it all from your phone. Anyone can edit their photos and make them look amazing.
There’s no shortage of photo editing apps available on the App Store, but which ones are the most popular? Here’s a list of the most popular photo editing apps, based on downloads and user reviews.
1. Snapseed: Snapseed is a powerful and easy-to-use photo editor that features a wide range of tools and filters. It’s also free to download, making it a great option for anyone looking for a comprehensive photo editing app. Available on Android and iOS
2. VSCO: VSCO is another popular photo editing app that offers a wide range of filters and tools. It’s also free to download, making it a great option for anyone looking for an easy-to-use photo editor. Available on Android and iOS.
3. Adobe Photoshop Express: Adobe Photoshop Express is a powerful and feature-rich photo editor that’s available for free on the App Store. It’s a great option for anyone looking for a comprehensive photo editing app. Available on Windows, Android and iOS
4. Camera+: Camera+ is an excellent camera app that also happens to offer some basic photo editing features. It’s not as comprehensive as some of the other options on this list, but it’s still a great option for anyone looking for an easy-to-use photo editor. Available on iOS.
Repurpose Old Family Photos
If you’re anything like me, you have a box (or five) of old family photos gathering dust in the attic. And while it’s nice to look at them every once in a while, it’s not exactly an exciting way to spend an afternoon. So what can you do with all those old photos? Here are a few ideas:
- Scan them and create a digital album that you can share with family and friends.
- Turn them into a collage or scrapbook. This is a great way to preserve memories and create aOne unique piece of art.
- Use them as inspiration for a painting or other art project.
- Make fun gifts for family and friends by framing favorite photos or turning them into magnets, mugs or keychains.
- Donate them to a local historical society or museum. This is a great way to make sure that they are preserved for future generations.
Whatever you decide to do with your old photos, the important thing is to enjoy the process and create some new memories in the process.
Creative Ideas For Photo Prints
After you’ve taken and edited some great family photos, it’s time to print them out. You can hang them on the wall or put them in a photo album. Or, if you’re feeling really ambitious, you can even create a photo book. Whatever you choose to do with your photos, printing them out is a great way to preserve your memories.
Here are some creative ways to show off your favorite snaps:
- For a whimsical touch, create a clothesline display. Simply string up some twine or yarn and clip your photos to the line using mini clothespins.
- Go for an industrial look by hanging your photos from a copper pipe or PVC tubing. To add a bit of interest, use different sizes and shapes of pipes.
- Create a gallery wall using washi tape as “mats” for your photos. This is a great way to add color and pattern to your display.
- Create a collage of photos. This is a great way to display a lot of photos in one place. You can arrange them in a traditional grid pattern, or get creative and arrange them in an abstract design.
- If you have trouble deciding which photos to frame, make a faceless collage! Arrange your photos on a piece of foam board or poster board, and then cover them with glass or Plexiglas.
- For a unique take on the traditional photo album, create a scrapbook-style display. Use washi tape, patterned paper, and embellishments to dress up your photos and create a one-of-a-kind album that can be hung on the wall.
- Create a photo wall: choose a blank wall in your home and start hanging up your favorite prints. You can mix and match sizes, frames, and layouts to create a true statement piece.
- Get creative with shelves: instead of just putting your photos on a shelf, try arranging them in unique ways. You could create a grid pattern, alternate between framed and unframed prints, or even hang them from clothespins for a rustic look.
- Go DIY: if you’re crafty, there are endless possibilities for displaying your photos. Try making a collage out of scrapbook paper, turning an old window into a frame, or even making your own picture frames out of popsicle sticks.
- Group photos together by theme or subject matter. For example, you could group all of your family photos together, or all of your photos from your travels.
- Get creative with the framing. Instead of using traditional photo frames, try repurposing other objects to display your photos. For example, you could hang them from a clothesline or display them in an antique birdcage.
- Display your photos in unusual places. Instead of hanging them on the walls, try placing them on shelves, in cabinets, or even on the ceiling!
Make Family Photo Books
Photo books are a fantastic way to keep your family’s memories alive. Whether it’s a book of family photos from a recent vacation or a book of baby pictures, photo books are a great way to keep your family’s history alive. And, best of all, they’re easy to make! With today’s technology, you can create a photo book in just a few minutes. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and some family photos. Once you have everything you need, you can create a beautiful photo book that your family will cherish for years to come.
- Shutterfly: Shutterfly is a popular choice for photo books, with a wide range of options and good quality prints. Visit shutterfly.com.
- Mixbook: Mixbook is another popular option, with a simple design interface that makes it easy to create your book. Visit mixbook.com.
- Artifact Uprising: Artifact Uprising is a great choice for those looking for high quality prints and unique design options. Viti artifactuprising.com.
- Snapfish: Snapfish is a well-known name in the photo book world, and for good reason – they offer affordable books with good quality prints. Visit snapfish.com.
- Photobox: Photobox is another affordable option for European readers, with a wide range of designs to choose from. Visit photobox.co.uk.
There are many more, of course, and while researching this article I came across some new ones myself!
Have Your Family Photos Illustrated
If you’re looking to add a touch of whimsy to your photos, why not hire a photo illustrator? Photo illustration is the process of adding illustrations to photos, either to add context or to create a new scene entirely (or turn a family photo into a cartoon!). While it’s possible to do this yourself with some editing software, it’s usually best to leave it to the professionals.
Here are a few tips on how to hire a photo illustrator:
- Decide what style you’re going for. There are many different styles of photo illustration, so it’s important to decide what you’re looking for before you start your search. Do you want something whimsical and fun? Or something more realistic? Knowing what style you’re going for will help you narrow down your options.
- Look for portfolio samples. A good photo illustrator will have a portfolio of their previous work that you can browse through. This will give you a good idea of their style and skills.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate price. Many photo illustrators are open to negotiation, so don’t be afraid to haggle a bit on price. After all, you want to make sure that you’re getting the best value for your money.
- Clearly describe your project with as many details as you can. Many Fiverr illustrators are not native english-speaking so be aware of avoiding language nuances that may be confusing.
I’ve had multiple good experiences using Fiverr illustrators for illustration projects from family cartoons to children’s books. Here’s a link to get you started.
Share Your Family Photos Online
Finally, don’t forget to share your photos online. You can post them on social media or photo sharing websites. Or, if you’re feeling really generous, you can even create a photo blog — it’s easy and a fun way to journal your life and family through photos. Sharing your photos online is a great way to connect with friends and family members who might not be able to see them in person.
As you can see, there are many ways to get creative with your family’s photos. So don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun. With a little creativity, you can take some truly amazing photos that you’ll cherish for years to come.